Saturday, May 19, 2012

Westbound and down

We finally got another load and yes we are going west...Salt Lake City, UT here we come. We got loaded Thursday night about 10:00. Every time we turned around the workers at the plant were on a break. I told Carl I was going to get a whistle to blow for my breaks. I even thought about forming my own Union. He didn't think that was real funny.

Our load had 4 pieces and all 4 had to  be tarped...uggghhh!!! Tarping is not a fun job at all and it is certainly not a girlie girl job but someone has to do it with the bling and all. It's like wrapping a HUGE Christmas present but with no tape. Every corner and every end has to be pulled tight and tucked so no air can get in...or my goodness if the wind gets inside. Carl hates to see flapping tarps in his mirrors. If it's a flapping we're a stopping!

We have been traveling through Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa and now we are in Nebraska.  Missouri has some really bad memories for us and certain areas are extremely difficult but the LORD is always there to carry us through. Yesterday as we were traveling through Missouri I kept focusing on all the wonderful signs of our Loving and Caring Savior. On just about every bridge pillar someone had painted Jesus Cares. We saw a huge Cross right off the interstate and the blue, blue skies with all the birds were just magnificent. Our difficult spot ended up not being that difficult after all because we knew the LORD was there watching over us.  There are signs of the LORD all around us but we are so caught up in our busy lives that we do not take time to notice them.  Please take time out of your busy day to notice all the wonderful signs and the presence of our LORD and Savior.

The weather has been beautiful! I finally get to wear shorts and flip flops. We did run into some pretty bad weather tonight in Nebraska and had to shut down earlier than we wanted. So that means it is going to be an early morning..like 5:30....that is leaving at 5:30! I am sooo not a morning person and for some reason it takes me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get ready now. Carl says I take too many tv breaks, but hey that's ok...I can finish while riding down the road.

We should get unloaded Tuesday and then we'll be off to our next adventure.

'Till we meet again,

Only by Grace,
Lynne
It started flapping so you guessed it.....



The Cross we saw in Missouri.













"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

  1. Best blog yet! Really get something out of each blog. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have to agree with what someone else said.....you are a GREAT writer!

    ReplyDelete