Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another day another dollar

Another day another dollar! Thankfully we were able to get unloaded this morning in Salt Lake City, UT. I am not sure which is worse, tarping or untarping a load...man we were worn out and dirty. Thank goodness the weather was pleasant...in the high 70's this morning. Yesterday it was a cool 94. It is amazing at how different 94 feels here and how it feels at home. The men at the plant were talking about how hot it was yesterday...they would die if they had to deal with the heat, plus the humidity, plus those aggravating gnats that we have back home. Anyway back to our day...after wrestling with those tarps today Carl said we were going to have to get back in shape after all the sitting we did the last 4 weeks. I told him to speak for himself. I still did my walking and exercising. I tried to get him to let me carry the last tarp but he just laughed and was like "sure go ahead!" They only weigh 100lbs....heck I can do that!!!

We were hoping to get a load from there going to Los Angeles, CA but the customer on the other end wanted us to haul it for free. Like we're out here riding the roads just for fun...well we are but this is still our job and we need to make a little bit of money. So, once again, we are sitting and waiting. I told Carl to tell his dispatcher that we have done so much sitting lately that we have calluses on our fannies. That didn't work because we are still in Salt Lake City. I know the LORD has a plan for us and the perfect load will come up just when we need it.

After we got back to the truck stop and took a shower, I got all dolled up so we could go shopping. You guessed it......to WALMART! I know it's just Walmart but I have to take advantage of every chance I get.

As we were traveling through Wyoming and Utah Sunday and Monday, I just couldn't get over how beautiful it is. The last time we were out this way everything was covered in snow and now it is all green....absolutely breathtaking! People ask me all the time "Don't I get tired of riding?" No, I don't! I love seeing how the landscape changes from state to state and even within each state. Even though we may travel through the same areas over and over I still see something new. Carl says it is probably because I was sleeping the last time we went through that area. There is just something about my seat that puts me to sleep. He keeps waiting for me to fall out of it. I keep telling him I'm not sleeping but he has yet to buy it.

The other morning in one of my devotions it was talking about having a special place to spend time with God. My special place is riding in this truck and taking in all of God's beautiful country. Even with Carl sitting beside me I can still have my quiet time with God. Carl has his quiet time sitting outside on the trailer drinking his coffee in the mornings. You don't have to be at home in a special room or chair...it can be anywhere!! I hope you can find you special place to spend time with God....you will be blessed!!

'Till we meet again!
God Bless!
Lynne

Wyoming

Pranghorn Antelope

Follow the leader!

Utah






The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn
of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Lynne. Your words speak so clearly. Maybe you should write a book. I am thinking you could turn this blog into a devetional book for Truckers and Wives. What a great concept. Your words don't just speak to truckers, but what a great concept. It is always so uplifting when I read this. I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Millie! I don't know about writing a book. It takes me hours just to write this little bit.:)

    ReplyDelete