Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goodbye Thorn

Rollin' rollin' rollin'.....Yee Haw!!!!

We finally got that "thorn in our side" removed. It took us 19 days to go 652  miles and 11 of those days were only 39 miles from the job site.  West Virginia just did not want to let us in because of the width and height of the load. But with LOTS of PRAYER the LORD finally told them to let us in!!! We have marked WV off our map. We were beginning to think our address would have to be changed to - America's Best Value Inn, Room 106, St. Clairsville, OH

There were not any truck stops around for us to fill up our water tank in the truck so we had to stay in a motel for 11 days. I don't think I have ever stayed in a motel that long with nothing to do or anywhere to go. We did make a few trips to Walmart. We always have to go to Walmart. Carl told me one day, "Come on honey I will take you shopping."  I said, "TO WALMART...WHOOPEE!" On one of our trips I told him we needed to get a "Welcome" mat and a hanging basket to make our "new" home a little cozier.

The only part I dislike about my new job is not being home for special occasions...like Mother's Day. Timothy called me early Sunday morning to wish me Happy Mother's Day and even texted me a very sweet note and called Carl later that day to make sure I was ok. He's such a great son!! Carl was so sweet and waited on me hand and foot Sunday. He tried really hard to make that day as special as possible and yes...he did a great job. My special meal was pizza and cookies and cream pie for dessert. He was going to grill me a steak but the rain, wind and cold temperatures changed our plans. Oh well, I will get it another day.  I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

We are not sure where we are going next but we do know it WILL NOT be to West Virginia or the east coast. We are going WEST where there are not any low, low bridges or really narrow tight roads....wide open spaces here we come!!

Till we meet again,

Only by Grace,
Lynne


LC (Large Car)

One of the VERY sharp curves on a route West Virgina was
trying to get us to take. We told them...NO WAY..NO HOW!!

A bridge on the same route...I was scared to walk across this
thing much less drive LC across it...again NOT HAPPENING!
                                                                                                

                                                                                                        
The route was really beautiful...just glad we went in a car
before going in LC. This road was just wide enough for 2 small
and I mean small cars.


In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:6

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading these so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I wasn't sure if they would be interesting to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them also Lynne..you are a great writer..thanks for sharing love yall and hope your mothers day was great:)sorry you couldnt be home..but thankful Carl took great care of you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Lynne I enjoy them also. I love being able to see and read about your travels and experiences. So interesting. Makes me feel closer to y'all!

    ReplyDelete