Friday, August 17, 2012

Homeward Bound

South GA here we come!!!!

We loaded last Friday in Seattle, WA for Illinois. This load was one of those "Oh my gosh, you have got to be kidding me" loads. TARPS...not just one tarp but 3 tarps!!! I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Just wish it had been MUCH MUCH later! But this is the load the LORD had planned for us so I really couldn't complain. He and I are just going to have a long talk about these tarping loads.

We had to load at the Port of Seattle which requires you to have a twik card (government clearance/background check). This wasn't a problem for us but it was for another driver. After we got loaded Carl had to drive the man's truck in and load it. Well, in the mean time I am in LC turning it upside down looking for my phone. I finally decided that Carl must have taken it with him by mistake. While all this was going on, Timothy got a phone call but when he said "Heelllooo!" in his silly little voice it wasn't his mama saying "Hey, what are you doing?"  It was "I just found this phone." It was a strange voice from a nice man who spoke very little English.  I would have loved to have seen Timothy's face when he said hello and it wasn't me on the other end. Timothy said he was on the phone with him for about 15 minutes. Timothy kept saying, "It is my mama's phone. I will get my daddy to call you." "What? Who'll call?" "My daddy! He is at the same place." "What?"  "My daddy will call you." "Who?' Finally Timothy just hung up...called Carl and then Carl got to call and talk to him. Now I usually have to translate for Carl because if the person doesn't speak southern English then he doesn't understand them. But this time he was on his own. So he called,"I understand you have my wife's phone." "What? Who's phone?" "My wife's!" "What?" "DID YOU FIND A PHONE?" "Oh, yes I'm talking on it." Carl was like..I know you are talking on it. I just called you on it. So Carl left the building where he was and started walking and looking for a man in the parking lot talking on a phone. About the time he saw him sitting in his truck the man said "Oh is that you?" "Yes, it is!" There is no telling what the man thought about us because I have Timothy set as "Toot" so he called  Toot and "My love" called the nice man and the ring tone for when My love calls is I Don't Want to Miss A Thing. He was probably wondering "Who are these people?" Right now, I am a very thankful person....I am lost without my phone!

Finally, Carl is back with the man's loaded truck and with my phone. Now, let the fun begin! It took us all day to tarp that sucker but we got it done...cleaned everything up, jumped in the truck and took off. About 5 miles down the road Carl says "Where is my phone?" You have got to be kidding me! Yep, it's gone. It got left on the trailer and is probably laying in the middle of the interstate in 100 pieces. Since we had an oversize load we couldn't turn around and go look for it. I do believe it is time for us to go home. Our brains have started turning to mush.

We didn't stop at any view points or go hiking down to a river or up a mountain but we still saw some beautiful places on our way to Illinois. I just had to be very quick and Johnny on the spot when taking the pictures. It is not easy to take a picture while traveling down the highway in a semi on a road that has more craters than the moon.

Montana

Montana

North Dakota

North Dakota
I want to ride my bicycle....NOT!

Fields and fields of sunflowers..North Dakota

Missouri River...North Dakota

We unloaded Wednesday afternoon in Illinois and found a load in Kentucky going 24 miles from our house. Now is that a God thing or what!! So we are Georgia bound. This has been our longest trip...9 weeks out. I haven't had my hair done in months. I need a pedicure by someone other than myself. Carl has to get a new phone. I'm running out of make-up. He keeps forgetting what highway we are on and where we are but most importantly we miss our family something terrible.  Timothy, Mama, Daddy, Godwins, Collins and Connells we are coming home!!!

Our ticket HOME! (a tree trimmer) Thank you, LORD!!!!
I am extremely thankful for my time with My Love and our work. The time we have with one another is priceless. I thank the LORD everyday for blessing us with this opportunity. I am also very thankful that He knows just how long I can handle being away from home and that He knows exactly when it is time to point LC toward the house. I am thankful to have a God who knows when enough is enough before I do; otherwise, Carlos might have a very unhappy wife on his hands. We stayed out a little longer this trip but He knew I could handle it...we both could. He sees the bigger picture in every little detail of our lives. I am so thankful for that!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17


Til we meet again! I'm going home so it'll be awhile!

Only by Grace!

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment