Thursday, August 2, 2012

Patience my dear! Patience!

 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Patience is one thing that Carl and I have to have in this business. Patience when waiting to find a load...patience to get unloaded...patience to load...patience in a traffic jam...patience, patience, patience. One of Carl's favorite sayings is "Hurry up and wait!" Which means I do a lot of praying for patience. I DO NOT like to just sit around and wait. Carl, on the other hand, is very good at it. I know God does things in His own time and His time is always perfect I just wish He would sometimes work a little faster. :) I can hear Him saying, "Patience my dear Lynne, patience!" I must say though that I am actually starting to enjoy our wait time because it gives me time to catch up on some of my devotions and Bible studying that I may have missed during the week. When I was at home something always managed to get in the way of my quiet time....not a whole lot to get in the way in the truck....love it!

We unloaded Monday afternoon in New York. Carl tried all day to get in touch with the customer and finally about 5:00 he reached him. It had been a sunny beautiful day all day until we went to unload. I just started praying.."LORD please stop the rain long enough for us to get this thing off and then you can let it flood."  He answers even the smallest little prayers. It was so funny because as we were pulling back into the truck stop it started raining. I said, "I was going to walk but it doesn't look like it now. I prayed for the rain to hold off for us to unload" and before I could finish Carl said, "I did too but I didn't pray so you could walk." "I didn't either."

We didn't get to reload until Friday....patience, patience, patience!
Enjoying one of God's little creatures while waiting in
New York







Chillaxing while LC was being serviced

While in New York waiting for Friday to arrive, another load became available which would have paid us a lot more than the Louisiana load but we would have had to wait until Monday to load it. We really needed the extra money. We had to do a lot of unexpected work on LC which used up a lot of our funds. Just two new tires cost more than four tires for my car. LC is very expensive! Carl and I talked about and since we had already committed to the Louisiana load we decided not to take the higher paying one. We hated to back out at the last minute and leave the agent with a load that was not covered. Carl said, "It will be fine everything will work out." Friday morning as we were getting loaded Carl got a phone call...God is so good!! A much higher paying load was available for us pick up Tuesday in Mississippi after we unloaded Monday in Louisiana. Oh. my goodness God just met all our needs and some of our wants...again. I am always in awe at His amazing handy work and His perfect timing. He is so faithful!!


"And God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19


In my last 2 posts I wrote about the troubles we have had with our refrigerator.....still no refrigerator. We finally figured out that we are going to have to buy a new one and let me tell you...these things are not cheap. We could buy a new frig for the house cheaper than one for LC. Money, money, money! Christ wants us to be happy and wants us to have "things" as long as those "things" to do not get in the way of our relationship with Him and are not displeasing to Him. And He knows I NEED that refrigerator. When we seek God's kingdom and His righteousness first then we are allowing God to do the work that He loves....meeting our needs. Our things are His business! We try to do things our way and on our time table but if we just release everything...turn it over to Him...He will take care of us! He always has and always will. He is the same...yesterday, today and tomorrow!!


I have worried Carl and God to death about a refrigerator. I am constantly saying to Carl, "OK, I am still on this frig thing. What if we.....or how are we....?" I think God just got tired of hearing me talk about it and finally said "OK Lynne I am providing the funds for a new frig so can we move on to something else." I am so glad God and Carl have a sense of humor or else I don't think they would be able to deal with me sometimes!

We have hauled a lot of military equipment but this piece was a real traffic stopper. Cars would pass us and we could just hear the people inside saying "Wait, what was that? Slow down so we can get another look. No, don't speed up yet I want to take a picture!" We were constantly in the middle of clusters....clusters and big trucks do not mix. Cars would just ride along beside us for what seemed like f-o-r-e-v-e-r! Every time we would have a car riding beside for a while Carl would say "Well, they're taking a picture." When we stopped at a rest area people were lined up down the side of the trailer taking pictures before we could even get out of the truck. It was quite comical at one point.

Our traffic stopper











Carl said it looks like it has eyes.
















The mountains in New York and Pennsylvania are just gorgeous!  Lots and lots of thick green trees. So different from the west....wide open spaces and very few trees.
The beauty of God's amazing country is breathtaking.

Near West Point
Mountains near West Point







Hazleton, PA

From the east coast to the west coast by way of.....Texas. I am beginning to wonder if LC and Texas have a thing :) We are on our way to Sequim, Washington.  Thanks to God for taking care of our needs we're gonna get to do some sight seeing on this trip...so excited!!


Loaded up and headed to Washington. This load almost caused me to have a heat stroke. I love summertime but working in 100+ degree weather wearing bluejeans and boots..thanks to the plants safety rules... is not what I call fun! I haven't had jeans and boots on since March. I thought I was going to die...before I even got out of the truck. My poor feet thought I was punishing them for something....they were begging for their flip flops. Carl said this thing was almost as bad as tarping. We had so many pieces that had to be chained, tied and strapped down. We have gotten spoiled with the military loads...4 chains and we're good to go. But oh no, not this bad boy. By the time we got finished we were exhausted!! I think from now on when praying about loads I will be a little more specific.


Washington here we come! Got to get my camera ready!

'Til we meet again!
Only by Grace!
      Lynne

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you."
Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment