Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nothing is too small

Minnesota sunrise
Trucking...not your typical girlie girl job and certainly not one that most people thought they would ever see me doing. I am still very much a girlie girl even in my jeans and Georgia boots. Morning shower, hair fixed, make-up and yes that definitely includes lipstick, bling bling and cute clothes will always be a must for me. That's just who I am! The only thing I did have to give up were my "heel highs" as my niece says. Although, I did think seriously about putting some in the truck but then again decided that might not be such a good idea.

Many of the job sites we go to require us to wear hard hats, safety vests, jeans and boots. Well, I am sorry but the blue hard hat and orange safety vest I was having to wear just wasn't working for me....so.... I got me a hot pink hard hat and a hot pink safety vest. Oh yeah...I am stylin' now! Just because I am doing a man's job doesn't mean I can't look like a lady.

I am always getting asked if I enjoy what I am doing. YES, YES, YES!!! I LOVE IT! Making money while we travel and seeing new places plus being with the one I love 24/7.... what's not to love? Ok, I know the 24/7 would turn some people off immediately but we really enjoy it. I tell Carlos all the time that I wish he had a pocket to put me in. You know like a kangaroo pouch. That way he could just carry me with him where ever he goes. He just laughs and is probably thinking yeah right! And just for the record....I do work.






While I was on vacation, Carl was hauling windmill hubs from Pensacola, FL to Hardwick, MN. I am always fascinated when we see fields and fields full of windmills. So, I was so excited to join him and see all the work in progress. We have delivered hubs to job sites before but this was the first one where we could actually see the different stages. It was really amazing. It is astonishing how something so huge can look so much smaller when it is viewed from a distance.

Windmill hub
Windmill tube...takes 3 per windmill
Windmill blade
Look real close and you can see a man at the top of
the first tube


two down one more to go

windmill cell

blades connected to hub...hope next time I can see them being
connected to tower

Standing in the corn field looking at all those windmills, I started thinking about how awesome and amazing our LORD and Savior is. His power is so great but yet nothing we go to him about is too small. He doesn't love us from afar. He loves us up close and personal. He loves every tiny little detail of our lives and He wants us to come to Him no matter how small or how insignificant we may think the problem is. When I am trying to find a parking place I always pray for a spot close to the door. He may not always answer that prayer because sometimes I know He is saying "Now Lynne, you really need to walk and get some exercise!" We finally got a new refrigerator for the truck but 2 days later it quit working so I prayed and asked The LORD to please show us what the problem was. He did...a loose wire. NOTHING is too small for Him. If it is important to us, then it is important to our LORD. Just like those windmills that can appear smaller in the distance sometimes it may feel like God is distant from us. My dear friend keep your faith and trust in Him. He is always faithful and is always right by our side. Put your sights on the LORD and what He wants you to do not on what you want to do. If Christ seems distant don't turn away from Him turn and reach out to Him. If you want to see and feel His greatness get up and go to Him. The closer we got to those windmills the more substantial and powerful they got. Stay close to The LORD by praying, reading His Word and having an intimate relationship with Him and you will see just how powerful and mighty He is. And remember nothing...I mean nothing...is too small for Jesus Christ our LORD and Savior.



Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.
1 Chronicles 16:11

Only By Grace!
   Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment